Forum

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Lightsaber stand for cons

New Lightsaber stand for cons 2 years 3 months ago #611

• Peculiargoiter
so most of you have already seen this but I figured I'll post the build in here.

after some discussions with Shay about what he envisioned for us to have as an alternative saber stand to our current one I threw this together for the base.

it's made from 6mm thick MDF with a timber frame with a peice of 2mm aluminium I made up at work and got powder coated for a nice finish on it.
most of it was done by eye since I don't have many precision tools for the job but it's come together nicely I think.

here is how the sabers sit into the top.

so I kinda build it in a funny way tracing the curve of the top onto one of the pieces of MDF and then kinda building it from one side up.

here is it as it's mostly comepleted without the top trimmed and fitted in place.

all fitted together and testing that the sabers sit properly into it

next it needed some decoration and Shay made an executive decision and wanted the newer style rebels Firebird.
using the last decent sized peice of MDF I drilled a center hole then drew a Circle with a bit of string. then freehanded the bits out of the center before cutting it all out with a Jigsaw.

bit of orange paint with a light dusting of red and black to give it some texture and ready for mounting it.
while doing that I painted the rest of the stand black.

hope to see this thing in use at OZCC and hopefully it works!
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Peculiargoiter.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Lightsaber stand for cons 2 years 3 months ago #613

• Jarlgon
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 7
Absolutely awesome stand

New Lightsaber stand for cons 2 years 3 months ago #624

• Obickay
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 37
Nice work man.

Looks great!